Flexible Terms and Affordable Occupational Costs. For further information, please contact any of the numbers above.
Santa’s Cottage is Fully Booked.
Our Drive in Cinema is back for Christmas on the 5th and 6th December 2020.
This year we are showing Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone.
December 5th: Miracle On 34th Street, 7pm
December 6th: Home Alone, 7pm
Tickets are available to purchase online now at belfastfilmfestival.org by selecting the relevant Book Now buttons above.
Be quick before they are all sold out!
Special Opening for Elderly, Vulnerable, NHS & Emergency Workers.
Queries regarding qualification for priority should be directed to the individual stores. For contact details see https://www.bloomfields.eu/bloomfield-stores/
Every Thursday at 8pm. Let’s clap, shout, cheer & generally make some noise to show thanks for ALL THE KEYWORKERS keeping our country going.
Position: Retail Supervisor
12 hours per week
As a Supervisor with The Works, you will be leading by example within a small team in a busy shop. You will have key holder responsibility alongside the store management team, and you will be seen as a go-to person for our Sales Assistants.
You will need to be great with our customers, demonstrating best practice for everyone in the store to follow.
It is easy for us to say that no two days are the same at The Works…however they really are not! You will be on your feet for the vast majority of your shift.
We will actively develop your skills and personal development, as well as offering a real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training team.
Main duties and key responsibilities of our Supervisors:
- Make sure the team work well together and are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
- Managing and receiving deliveries, often during trading hours with limited stock room space.
- Strive to minimise costs, reduce waste and safeguard stock whilst complying with the Company price and promotional changes.
- Identify talent and coach the team to be the best performers that they can be.
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
What we want from you:
- Previous supervisory experience is ideal.
- To be enthusiastic and want to create a fun place to shop.
- Be creative – you will have a lot of autonomy with the management team to merchandise and demonstrate products to your customers.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We appreciate that at all levels, our employees bring with them some amazing ideas.
- Finally, a passion for what we sell, including books, stationery, toys, arts & crafts, plus many more is going to be a plus point for you!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent hands-on training.
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Company pension contribution.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Charity Giving – Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.
Deck Out Your Deer competition, have you donated for your favourite yet?
To vote, donate to the charity via the tube on the reindeer’s back, here at Bloomfield.
More information on Deck Out Your Deer can be found here.
We are delighted to announce the return of our Reindeer on the mall from Friday 22nd November 2019.
This year our reindeer masterpieces have been created by children from the following schools:
St Malachys Primary School
Crawfordsburn Primary School
St Comgalls Primary School
Donaghadee Primary School
Kilcooley Primary School
Clandeboye Primary School
Ballyholme Primary School
Killard House School
Last year’s winners, Kilmaine Primary School, have chosen CLIC Sargent as the charity for this year. The extremely generous donations from our customers last year meant we were able to donate over £5,000 to Helping Hand RBHSC!
The winning school, whose Reindeer raises the most money for the charity, will receive a £1,000 donation from Bloomfield and every penny raised will be donated to the charity. *
To vote for your favourite Reindeer, donate to the charity via the tube on the Reindeer’s back.
The Reindeer will be on the mall until Christmas Eve, don’t forget to donate while you are doing your Christmas shopping!
*prize fund is funded from Bloomfield
On Tuesday 12th November Bloomfield Shopping Centre will take part in Purple Tuesday.
Purple Tuesday aims to make businesses more aware of challenges around accessability, and inspire them to make practical changes to improve the disabled customer experience.
What is Bloomfield doing this year:
Publicising the day through social media, on-line and in the press
Adding a button to our webite linking the AccessAble Guide to Bloomfield
Staff wearing purple waistcoats
Introdution of a weekly Quiet Hour for those with sensory disorders
Introduction of an on-mall vaping ban
Bloomfield is delighted to be the first shopping centre in N.I. to sign-up to the Breastfeeding Welcome scheme – a government led initiative to promote breastfeeding and the associated benefits it brings to mums and babies.
By becoming members, Bloomfield will ensure that:
- Breastfeeding is acceptable in all public areas and meeting rooms
- Mums will not be asked to move or stop breastfeeding;
- All of our staff are aware and supportive of the needs of breastfeeding mums
From Thursday 14th November the hour from 6-7 every Thursday will be Quiet Hour. #autismawareness
As part of our commitment to making Bloomfield a pleasant and easy experience for all customers, we are introducing a quiet hour from 6pm – 7pm every Thursday from 14th November 2019 onwards. During this time, we will turn off the music on the mall and within may of our stores. We have also asked the stores who have the capability to mute their tills during this quiet hour.
We are working closely with all stores to try and make Bloomfield accessible for all. This is an ongoing process and we appreciate any feedback on how we can continue to improve and make the centre a pleasant experience for all.
Vaping / the use of e-cigarettes will be prohibited on the mall from 1st December 2019.
Are you part of a local community group or organisation? Could you do with some additional sponsorship?
Bloomfield are inviting 10 local non-sports clubs, organisations or groups to compete on the mall in our Community Challenge in order to win £2,000 sponsorship!
For the Community Challenge you must have 5 team members over the age of 16, in a team who are available from 12noon – 4pm to take part in the challenge on Saturday 12th October 2019.
Applications that meet the criteria are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Terms and Conditions for Bloomfield’s Community Challenge can be found here.
Applications for the 2019 Bloomfield Community Challenge are now closed.
Trespass are currently recruiting a store manager at their store at Bloomfield! The role is full-time and retail experience is required.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The M&S Little Shop collection has launched at Bloomfield!
This summer at Marks and Spencer, your little ones can become shopkeepers! With every £25 spent in the Marks and Spencer food hall, you’ll have the chance to collect 25 mini versions of iconic M&S products.
You can pick up a cardboard shop spot for £10, as well as a shopping basket, trolley and Little Shop apron for £3 each! Grab your collection box today to get started on your collection!