The Bloomfield Giving Trees

The Bloomfield Giving Trees are now on the mall in front of Tesco🎄🎁✨
We have been supporting North Down & Ards Women’s Aid for 24 years and every year are blown away by the kindness and generosity of our customers.
The Giving Trees help bring Christmas wishes to local children who have sought the support of the charity having left domestic violent situations.
If you wish to help please –
🎁 Visit the giving trees and select a gift you would like to purchase
✈️ Leave the unwrapped gift in Hays Travel for collection.
Thank you ❤️

National Recycling Week

It’s National Recycling Week! We had the recycling team from Ards & North Down Borough Council with us this morning with information & giveaways.
Did you know Bloomfield send nil waste to landfill? 97% of our waste is recycled and the remaining 3% is converted to energy!

Bangor Business Awards 2023

Delighted we won Sustainable & Environmentally Friendly Business for the second consective year at the Bangor Business Awards!
Laurie Marks-Cooper from our DV8 store was a finalist in Employee of the Year. Smoothie Factory and Auntie Anne’s were finalists in the Bangor’s Best Takeaway Category and Goldsmiths were finalists in the Customer Service Excellence Multiple Retailer Category.
Smoothie Factory and Auntie Anne’s were finalists in the Bangor’s Best Takeaway Category.

Goldsmiths were finalists in the Customer Service Excellence Multiple Retailer Category.

The comfort of bees

You may have noticed some characters have appeared at Bloomfield over the last few weeks. We have been working with Daisy Chain Inc on an Arts and Business project which has created our Bloomfield story ‘Comfort of the bees’. Comfort of the bees was written by local writer Paul Hutchinson and local artirst Ray Bonner @francoisgotbuffed brought the characters to life.

You can read our story below and listen to a little bit about each of our characters read by writer Paul Hutchinson.

Betty Whistle

Joe Sweep

Lenny Travel


Tall Boy

Print this PDF to colour the characters from Comfort of the bees.

Bloomfield Recycled Garden

It’s National Gardening Week so no better time to showcase our Bloomfield Recycled Garden!

Jamie the Centre Manager has worked hard transforming this former dumping ground into a green space which creates a 5 star hotel for our bugs and beasts, absorbs carbon emissions and is a quiet area that can be enjoyed by our staff.

The Bloomfield Bees will be happy too!

National Piano Day

Today is National Piano Day. National Piano Day encourages players of all ages and abilities to play music in public spaces. Our beautiful piano will be on the mall every day and we would love you to stop and make music at Bloomfield!

Bloomfield Sign Up to Breastfeeding Welcome Here Scheme

Bloomfield is delighted to be the first shopping centre in N.I. to sign-up to the Breastfeeding Welcome scheme – a government led initiative to promote breastfeeding and the associated benefits it brings to mums and babies.  

By becoming members, Bloomfield will ensure that:

  • Breastfeeding is acceptable in all public areas and meeting rooms
  • Mums will not be asked to move or stop breastfeeding;
  • All of our staff are aware and supportive of the needs of breastfeeding mums

Quiet Hour Every Thursday – Autism Awareness

From Thursday 14th November the hour from 6-7 every Thursday will be Quiet Hour. #autismawareness

As part of our commitment to making Bloomfield a pleasant and easy experience for all customers, we are introducing a quiet hour from 6pm – 7pm every Thursday from 14th November 2019 onwards. During this time, we will turn off the music on the mall and within may of our stores. We have also asked the stores who have the capability to mute their tills during this quiet hour.  

We are working closely with all stores to try and make Bloomfield accessible for all. This is an ongoing process and we appreciate any feedback on how we can continue to improve and make the centre a pleasant experience for all.